Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this website were produced and/or compiled by TRADESTART to provide small businesses in British Columbia with the relevant trade related information, tools and resources needed to achieve successful and sustainable business.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
TRADESTART encourages linking to our website. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- TRADESTART be identified as the source; and
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with or with the endorsement of TRADESTART of its sponsors.
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the TRADESTART website are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. Some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply; it may be necessary to seek permission from the author or copyright holder prior to reproduction.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Information
The TRADESTART program is powered by Small Business BC. All personal information provided to TRADESTART will be protected under the Small Business BC Collection of Information privacy poilcy, outlined below:
- TRADESTART will collect personal information such as name, email and contact details only when consent has been given by the individual whether it is expressed or implied.
- Any personal information you do provide is protected under the Federal Privacy Act.
- Visitor information will not be disclosed to anyone except TRADESTART and Small Business BC personnel who need the information to respond to a request.
- In the event that you contact us for support through the website, telephone or in person. TRADESTART may request that you provide additional information relevant to the support requested by you. Users are under no obligation to provide such information. TRADESTART and Small Business BC do not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. TRADESTART and Small Business BC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Cookies are used on the TRADESTART website to allow our servers to recognize your computer when you visit the site. The cookies do not collect or contain personal information about you. Here is the list of information that TRADESTART is collects using cookies:
- Your IP address - TRADESTART will make no attempt to link this address with the identity of individuals visiting the TRADESTART website;
- The length of each visit;
- The number of requests per visit;
- The type of operating system (Windows, Apple Mac etc.);
- The browser type (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- By keeping this data, the TRADESTART can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies; however you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the TRADESTART services or websites you visit.
For questions or comments regarding this policy or for additional information about the administration of the Privacy Act at TRADESTART , contact us at email@example.com.
The TRADESTART website may contain links to third-party websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The Linked Sites are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any Linked Site does not imply endorsement by us of the Linked Site or any association with its operators.
Requests for Links from the TRADESTART Website
To request a link to be placed on the TRADESTART website, please contact the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your message, please explain how the proposed link relates to this policy and contributes to the objective and enhancement of the TRADESTART website. Ensure that your contact name and email address are included. If a proposed link meets the criteria stated in this policy, it may still be declined at the discretion of the TRADESTART administrators. If a link is approved, the administrators of the target site will be informed and the link established.
A reciprocal link back to the TRADESTART website is encouraged.
Guidelines when Linking to the TRADESTART Website
TRADESTART requests that webmasters periodically check the integrity of external links to specific pages or documents to the TRADESTART website. TRADESTART is not responsible for contacting webmasters with links to updated documents or pages.
Information on this site comes from many different federal departments and agencies, as well as external sources and other levels of government. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy, currency and reliability of the content. Portions of the database are updated daily; however, at any time, some details may not yet reflect recent changes. If this occurs, please contact TRADESTART at email@example.com.